Kesari Wada :
Telltale signs of modern civilization stare one in the face. Cement dampers stand outside the courtyard where once Sayajirao Gaikwad, the prince of Baroda state used to live. The Wada built by the Gaikwads is being pulled down to make way for a modern structure. This was the Wada where nightlong discussions were held on how to overthrow colonial rule. Bal Gangadhar Tilak bought the Wada from Sayajirao Gaikwad in 1905. Tilak brought out his two newspapers, the Kesari, in Marathi and Maratha in English from here. The Wada continues to house the offices of Kesari, and mementos of Tilak, including his writing desk original letters and documents, and the first India national flag unfurled by Madame Cama. A statue of Tilak indicates the building in which he resided. The Wada is visited by a large number of people during the Ganapati festival, the public celebrations of which we started by Tilak in the courtyard of this Wada over a century ago.