John Anderson arrived
in Madras as one of the many Scottish missionaries. He started
the John Anderson General Assembly School in 1835, which later
was christened the Madras Christian College and School and
later was shifted to George Town. It is indeed ironical that
this zestful educationalist is now remembered not for what
he actually stood for; rather his name was given to the church
situated in George Town where once the handsome buildings
of the Madras Christian College stood.
Chennai - 600108.