Christ Church and Christ Church Schools with a long history of about a century and a half. Rev. Henry Taylor, Chaplain in the Service of East India Company, realizing the sad plight of the poor people in and around the Mount Road area, opened a large room for public worship in July 1842, which of course, marked the humble beginning of the Christ Church and the Schools. Arch Deacon Harper established two schools in the chapel compound in 1843 and these schools were then known as the Mount Road Male and Female Schools, which were reorganized and later named Christ Church Schools.
Location:-Anna Salai, near Cosmopolitan
Club, Chennai - 600002.