Ghaziuddin Khan's Madarsa and Tomb
Ghaziuddin Khan's Madarsa and Tomb was built in the year 1692 by a courtier of Aurangzeb called Mir Shahabuddin. The title Ghaziuddin was conferred on him.
Ghaziuddin Khan's Madarsa introduced English education in the year 1824, and was called the Anglo Arabic School. Later on it came to be known as the Anglo Arabic College.
The Ghaziuddin Khan's Madarsa and Tomb in Delhi was an attempt to emancipate and enlighten the Muslim community and so this Madrasa added to the progress of this community.
The building is an excellent example of Madrasa architecture with its arcaded apartments, arched gateways and the typical features of Islamic architecture. On the western side of the Madrasa lies a mosque which is topped by domes and flanked by the lofty minarets. On the northern and southern sides of the mosque there are certain enclosures which contain the graves. One of the graves is of Ghaziuddin Khan, the founder of this Madrasa and Tomb.
History has left its traces in the walls and gateways of the Ghaziuddin Khan's Madarsa and Tomb which was one of the striking attempts of emancipation and advancement of the Muslim community.