Gurdwara Sis Ganj
Built on the site where the Mughals beheaded Sikh Guru Tegh Bahadur in 1675, Gurdwara Sis Ganj commemorates the martyrdom of Guru Tegh Bahadur. It is situated in the Chandni Chowk area of Old Delhi. According to the legend, Guru Tegh Bahadur was beheaded by Mughal emperor, Auranzeb, as he refused to convert to Islam. On his death, no one dared to pick up his body. Suddenly, sky became clouded, followed by a heavy downpour. Then, two of his brave disciples fled with his head and body. The head of the Guru was taken to Chakk Nanaki in Anandpur Sahib, while the body was taken to Rakab Ganj Gurudwara.
It was only a century later, that a zealous devotee, named Baba Baghel Singh, found this place and built a Gurdwara here. One can still see the trunk of the tree under which the Guru was martyred as well as the well where he took his daily bath while being imprisoned. In 1705, Guru Gobind Singh Sahib visited this shrine and appointed Bhai Gurbakhsh Das Udasi as its caretaker. It is also claimed that the central pedestal of this shrine is actually the oldest structure of Chakk Nanaki, which received Guruji's head, situated at Anandpur Sahib. This place is also known as Gurdwara Sis Ganj Sahib.
The Secretary, Management Committee,