The Tower of the Church of St. Augustine
The Tower of the Church of St. Augustine: Built in 1602, the only ruin of the Church of St. Augustine on the Holy Hill at Old Goa near the Nunnery, is a lofty 46-metre high tower defying the torrential rains. The tower is one of the four of St. Augustine Church that once stood there. The Church when intact was perhaps the biggest in Goa. With the religious suppression in 1835, the Augustinians deserted the church and the convent. The neglect resulted in the collapse of the vault on September 8, 1842. The façade and half of the tower fell in 1931 and some more parts of it collapsed in 1938.