The Viceroy`s Arch
The Viceroy`s Arch: It is one of the gates of Adil Shah's Fort at Old Goa. It was renovated by the Portuguese and was the gateway to Goa for Portuguese Governors. Every incoming Viceroy used to disembark at this place. The arch was rebuilt by the Governor Francisco de Gama (1597-1600) in the memory of his great-grandfather Vasco da Gama. It was again completely re-built in 1954.