Charminar is Hyderabad’s best known historical landmark. It was built in 1591 by Mohammad Quli Qutub Shah. The original Charminar a huge construction in wood representing the tomb of the Muslim saint Imam Hussain was as charm to safeguard the city against the outbreak of cholera in the late 16th century. When the epidemic subsided, the Charminar was rebuilt in stone and mortar at the same place where the original structure was built. It is an elegant rectangular edifice of four grand arches facing towards the four cardinal points. Each side of it is 100 ft and pitch of the arch is 50 ft above the ground. The minor height is 180 ft. The remarkable architecture was built under the supervision of Engineers and Architects of Arabia, Turkey, Persia and India. The teeming lanes that around the Charminar encompass one of the colourful bazaars in India. The famous Lad Bazar is also located here where the colourfully stone Bangles and other beautique are available.