Mahavir temple is outside station. The sacred 'Kalas' of brass shines on its high roof. This temple was founded in a humble room with clay-tile roof, about sixty years ago, during the British Raj. It used to be lit by a single kerosene lamp in the evening. Nobody, however devout a worshipper of Mahavir, would dare enter the darkroom at night. This temple gained in popularity when some Punjabi Hindu refugees came to Patna after the partition in 1947. The temple was rebuilt as a concrete house at that time. Even this was broken down in 1987 and a huge marble palace has been built. The alter is as high as first floor and the idol of 'Sankat-Mochan' Hanuman stands on it. There is a Shiva-linga by its side which had not been there formely. Above this there are two other marble floors, all clean and polished. Many idols, including one of Jagaddhatri, have been put in the first floor, all imprisoned within glass cases. There is another Shiva-linga within a glass case in the second floor. The devotees grumble at not being able to pore water on the linga.